Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Our 8 month journey....


8 Months ago…..

•I was wondering if it will ever be possible to love your second child as much as your first.
•I was preparing myself for the small amount of sleep I will be getting in the next couple of months.
•I tried to spend as much time as possible with Megan because I knew I would be neglecting her a bit after the new baby is there.
•I was excited/fearful/anxious and overwhelmed all at the same time and then….

I gave birth to Mia Schutte on the 14th of July 2009 after a terrible pregnancy and delivery and you can read more about it here….


The cost of emergency c-section R6 000
The cost of 3 nights in hospital R12 000
The cost of bringing your perfect little
baby home from the hospital PRICELESS!


In an instant all fears just fall away and you can’t stop looking at this perfect bundle of joy! And then the first scream! Luckily being my second child I just felt so much more comfortable and relaxed with everything. Handling this tiny little thing (she weighed only 2.6kg by the time we left the hospital), feeding her, swaddling her and entertaining her. I really felt like a pro this time round! Even my breast were playing along and looking all pretty and yummy for baba!

So 8 months ago Mia was the new little person added to the Schutte family! And what a wonderful journey it has been seeing her grow up and develop. Her most favorite person in the world is Megan. If Megan enters the room Mia’s face lights up and her smile goes from ear to ear. Megan is so good with Mia , she “reads” her books, teaches her to count and pulls faces at her when she starts crying. The other day she pushed her away from the open plug to protect her - just reminds me to go and buy those plug protector thingies from BabyCity. It caused Mia to fall and cry but it was such a special moment and I’m sure Mia will appreciate it later in life when she has no side effects from a freak home electrocution accident. (Ooh I really need to go and buy those thingies TODAY!)

On the not so bright side I have been puked on, shitted on, pinched blue and punched in the nose by my ever growing little bundle of energy – I say with a hint of sarcasm!
Mia is also not the world’s best sleeper like her sister was. She wakes frequently at night – for no reason - of course and daytime naps are limited. She is also still a toothless baby even though she has been showing signs of teething since she was 4 months old!

I also think a mistake was made with her gender. She truly acts and even looks like a little boy! She is rough and tough and soooo inquisitive. Even fearless. I remember Megan being very cautious about standing and holding onto things, but not Mia oh no she just leaps forward and goes. To hell with what is in her way – real wild child that one!

So the past 8 months have truly been and incredible journey, thanks to little Mia whom we love and adore JUST AS MUCH as her sister!

3 comments:

  1. Babies are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute is that face! I'm glad its going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did not know you were blogging again :)
    Glad it's going so well!

    ReplyDelete