Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tired much?







Mia has been actively teething since she was 4 months old. Now that we are reaching the 9 month mile stone and there is still no bloody teeth I am getting just a tad irritated.

I mean I can handle the excessive drooling (she will give a Boerbull a run for his money, the green/yellow/grey and orange combination poo and even the acidic fowl smell of those multicoloured nappies. But what I can't deal with any more is the lack of sleep. Every night she wakes up so many times whining and crying for no apparent reason. The only reason I can think of is the fact that her gums are sore. I try and help her to cope with the pain but I can only give her so much medication before I turn into one of those "doping-your-kids-to-get-some-more-sleep-moms"

Last night was the worst. She woke up so many times and eventually at 02h00 she decided it was playtime. WTF?

On top of that Megan wet her bed (for the 1st time since she has been potty trained). I then dressed her in dry clothes and put her in our bed. Now you must understand that when she lies in our bed no sleeping occurs (except for her of course). She tosses and turns, hits us and even snores (she gets that from her dad). So eventually by the time I got Mia back into bed Megan woke me complaining about a blocked nose. So I put some Vicks in her nose, put my head on the pillow and attempted to sleep.

A warm and wet feeling suddenly overwhelmed me. Megan wet OUR bed as well. Jeez how much can one little 12kg person pee in one night? Too tired to really care I just threw a towel over it and encouraged her to go back to sleep. 30 Minutes later my alarm went off.

So yes I am EXTREMELY tired. I also have the added bonus of being irritated and for some or other reason aggressive. So if I act like a total bitch today - blame my kids!

2 comments:

  1. And I thought my last two nights of teething were bad...the waking up crying and whining repeatedly eventually starts to get to me, especially when on a few occassions, I go through and she's doing it in her sleep. Today I'm having the buttons on my jersey chewed on. So annoying seeing as they all fall out again in a few years.
    Hoping you get some well deserved rest tonight!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete